Organic Horticulture – Role in Watershed Management
Why to focus on Organic Horticulture?
- The blind use of chemical pesticides is engulfing the nutritious sector of Horticulture.
- The fruits and vegetables that are taken as important source of vital vitamins & minerals are getting poisonous with the load of chemicals. It’s a serious concern
What to focus of Organic Horticulture?
- In organic horticulture, the focus is to nourish the soil with nutrients.
- The nutrients are provided to soil and not as such directly to tree
- So the focus of organic horticulture is on keeping the soil healthy
Healthy soil for Organic Horticulture –Its indicators
- Presence of Sufficient soil carbon /carbonic material
- Presence of Beneficial microorganism
- Proper air circulation and Water holding capacity
Also, when soil and plant will be healthy then there will be almost negligible/non significant pest and disease attack
Kinds of Manures to keep Soil healthy
Different kinds of manures are used to keep the soil healthy Example-
- NADEP compost
- Cow dung manure
- Bio dynamic compost and
Each of this manure has its own significance on organic horticulture
Originally posted 2016-11-21 05:33:42.